Yeah, I have been off this site for some time. I kept it online, but unkempt.
Reasons why I’ve been away?
- New job. I have a dream job for most reader/writers out there. I am a professional book buyer for a bookstore. I hoard all the interesting things and groan whenever I am pitched yet-another hockey book. Between working overtime for events and drowning in catalogues and ARCs (advance reading copies), I have been working for some time to get my head above water.
- New family. My wife and I are expecting our first child in November. I am exhilarated yet terrified.
- New projects. I won’t lie; when my life became insane with temporary jobs before landing the book buyer gig, my enthusiasm for non-fiction had waned. My ability to write fiction, even, was depleted. Now, I have finally stabilized.
- Crash and Burn Comic – I am currently the writer for Crash and Burn, a queer space opera comic illustrated by Finn Lucullan. Right now, we are actually finalists for the Prix Aurora Awards put on by the Canadian Science Fiction and Fantasy Association!
- More Anthologies – As I got back my creative energy, I may have inadvertently started an anthology to benefit the Sirens Conference on Women in Fantasy Fiction. I love this conference and the anthology, Queens and Courtesans, is a testament to the passion a lot of the past attendees have for the conference.
- More fiction and non-fiction? I am working on it…
It’s been a tumultuous two years for me while I have been away from this blog. But I am happy to point out that things are settling down–and ramping up in other areas.
I hope that I will be back here posting regularly. I have been able to keep up with a few things online in my absence from this page, most notably the Anxiety Ink blog where I still contribute regularly on Wednesdays. I hope you will take a jaunt over and see what I have been up to in the time I was away from this blog.