I’ve done some research on bookmarks. By research, I mean ogled at pretty stuff and Pinned it all.
Bookmarks are probably one of the most used swag options authors have at their disposal. They can be printed in bulk, can showcase multiple book covers, have room to spare for text, and can have all sorts of calls to action on them.
So I rounded up a few images of the best bookmarks I found and how they would work best for different markets.
Behold the 10 of the most creative bookmark ideas–for writers to use as swag!
1. Wouldn’t these bookmarks look great for an epic fantasy story? Three to collect and all the book information can be on the back.
2. Write a quirky fantasy? Bookmarks like these would work great for you.
3. If you have a little grit in your story, something like this would catch some readers.
4. Want to have a little something extra with your bookmark? How about an excerpt?
5. Write a little cyberpunk or have gamers in your target market? You have to have these.
6. Write romance and are a little crafty? Imagine being able to give some of these away at your functions!
7. Write horror? Why not have monster bookmarks! You can have them side on cuter (like these) or more haunting!
8. These bookmarks would be really neat to hand out but you couldn’t exactly leave them on a table for people to pick up.
9. Set up some of the best quotes from your work for maximum graphic impact.
10. Or just appeal to a reader’s love of reading like this printable bookmark does!
For more ideas, check out the Pinterest board I curated. I can’t wait to find more awesome ideas.
Follow Kate’s board Bookmark Ideas for Readers and Writers on Pinterest.